About Me

Recent Graduate from Textile Design student at Nottingham Trent University. My work consists of a combination of manual and digital print processes. Drawing is the key element throughout all my Textiles practice. (ALL the images posted on this blog are my own work and should not be used elsewhere without my permission. Thank you.) ©Yashmin Siraj 2012

Monday 26 March 2012

Second Year Textiles (Live Project)

These are some of the resolved designs I created for this live brief. 


These fabric designs were used for the final group collection. I focused upon graphic imagery juxtaposed against a muted background. I used the more sombre colours in my colour palette as backgrounds and the more vibrant turquoises and greens for the motifs and imagery. I used a range of print processes and pigments such as flock, puff binder, metallic and regular pigment. I wanted to create a contrast of textures and colours within my designs. I also collaborated with the embroiderer in my group to add another element to one of my samples through the use of stitch. I also created different colourways with the aid of Photoshop, to explore different mood and colour proportions.


(Click images to enlarge)









I also created samples to be used within my individual collection, These samples are quite different from the ones i included with the group's final collection. I experiment a bit more with colour proportions and different print processes such as reactive dye monoprinting, which in turn creates a very different look and mood.




All images ©Yashmin Siraj






No comments:

Post a Comment