About Me

Recent Graduate from Textile Design student at Nottingham Trent University. My work consists of a combination of manual and digital print processes. Drawing is the key element throughout all my Textiles practice. (ALL the images posted on this blog are my own work and should not be used elsewhere without my permission. Thank you.) ©Yashmin Siraj 2012

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Second Year Textiles (Man Made/ Organic Project)

I developed more refined design ideas with the aid of Photoshop, I created motifs and imagery using the drawings from my sketchbook. Using this imagery I created repeat and placement designs. I wanted to create  a organic, slightly chaotic mood, however the use of my imagery in my sketchbook (the ordered maps and grids) meant there is a certain man made element to my designs. Furthermore the use of digital technology and the fact I used digital print on silk habotai emphasised my theme of the contrast of man-made and natural. The flow and vine like qualities of both the motifs and silk juxtaposes greatly with the map/grid like lines within the motifs and the digital print methods I decided to use for my resolved final outcomes.


Below are the final design samples for this resolved project. (Click to enlarge images.)


© Yashmin Siraj

No comments:

Post a Comment